We will be having a Oven Bake session on Friday, April 14th from 9AM to 1 PM. For those wanting to be trained so they can lead a baking session on their own, please come for the whole session. For those just wanting to bake - fast baking will start about 11 AM and slow baking will start about Noon.
Our annual Spring Clean-UP & BBQ is quickly coming up. We need volunteers to clean-up and to help with the BBQ. Please contact Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
Some of you driving by Park and Glasgow Streets may have noticed the colourful mural panels that were installed this week. This was a joint project with KCI, the CPNA and the City of Kitchener.
Congratulations to the KCI students and the members of our Public Art Committee.
The following programs will definitely run, so registration will stay open until the second class:
- Tai Chi
- ASL Beginner 1 on Thursdays
- ASL Intermediates
- German Beginner
- Drama for Kids
- Spanish for Beginners
- Yoga (starts May 3, runs 8 wks)
- Zumba (new barcode 245215)
Gildner Green, the small park at the corner of Glasgow and Eden Streets, will be updated by the City in 2016. The final consolidated master plan in now online. Go to the Gildener Green Park website: http://kitchener.ca/en/livinginkitchener/Gildner-Green.asp to check it out. If you feel that something major is missing, please let us know so we can talk to the City about your concerns.
We urgently need volunteers in order to run our Neighbourhood Youth Club. This club is for kids in grades 6-8. We especially need someone who is good with crafts. Please contact Steve - 226-444-4248 as soon as possible if you can help. The program is on Wednesday nights from 7 PM to 9 PM from September to June.
The Cherry Park Neighbourhood Association is now officially incorporated. This means that we need to notify all voting members of the association whenever we have a our community meetings. In order to do this we need you to register as a voting member.
click here for a copy of the registration form
If you know of community members who don't have computer access, please let them know about any meetings we announce. We will have additional copies of the registration form at all our community meetings.
We are always looking for volunteers and good ideas. Below are some ongoing volunteer positions that are open. If you have a skill that you would be prepared to offer to the association, please contact us.
Volunteer Coordinator for the CPNA
- this person would help recruit, screen, manage and keep track of all our volunteers. They would work with the Programming Coordinator; Newsletter Editor, Special Events Coordinator; Cherry Festival Coordinator, and other committee heads to help fill their volunteer needs.
Newsletter General Editor
- this person would collect material for our newsletter which is published three times a year (March, December & August). They would ensure that we meet our deadlines and oversee the delivery of the newsletter. They would work with our Layout Editor, Programning Coordinator, and other committee heads.
- this person prepares a line-up of programs to be offered each fall, winter and spring. They recruit and hire teachers & volunteers to teach the programs. They book the spaces to hold the classes in. They prepare the registration materials, collect the registrations, decide which course will run, communicate with the students and teachers. They would work closely with The Treasurer and President.
The ESL Book Club meets regularly on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7 PM in Victoria Hills Community Centre (10 Chopin Drive, Kitchener). The March meeting will be March 14th and our book will be "Amistad". Please email ahead if you are new.
The library link is below:
The ESL Book Club is an opportunity for people who are still learning English to practice their skills in a friendly environment. Each month the members will all read the same book at home, and then come together on the meeting night to share (with tea & treats) what they thought, liked, or disliked about the book.